Posted : 27/05/2019
- Olive oil
- 250g pack of chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- One garlic clove, thinly sliced (or use pre-chopped garlic)
- Small bunch of parsley, leaves roughly chopped (or dried parsley)
- One celery stick, finely chopped
- One onion, finely chopped
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- Dried chilli or red pepper flakes – add to your liking
- 300g Spaghetti
Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan, add the mushrooms, then fry over a high heat for three minutes until golden and softened. Add the garlic, fry for another minute, then add the parsley and set aside in a separate bowl.
Using the same pan, fry off the onion and celery with a dash more oil for about five minutes until lightly coloured.
Stir in the tomatoes, chilli or red pepper flakes and a little salt, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes until thickened.
Meanwhile, cook and drain the spaghetti. Toss with the sauce and top with the garlic mushrooms, then serve.
Enjoy!← More posts