Posted : 27/05/2019
- Coconut oil
- One onion, chopped
- Two garlic cloves, finely chopped (or pre-chopped garlic)
- Small piece of ginger, finely chopped (or pre-chopped ginger)
- Thai red curry paste (Tesco own brand is vegan-friendly)
- Smooth peanut butter
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 200ml of water
- 200g bag of spinach (or a couple of handfuls)
- One lime
- Rice to serve
- Dry roasted peanuts (optional)
Melt one tablespoon of coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the chopped onion and cook for five minutes until soft. Then add the garlic and ginger and cook for one minute until fragrant.
Stir in three tablespoons of the Thai red curry paste, one tablespoon of peanut butter and the sweet potatoes, then add the coconut milk and water.
Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
Stir through the spinach and add the juice of the lime. Make sure to season well.
Serve with cooked rice and if you want some crunch, sprinkle over a few dry roasted peanuts.
Enjoy!← More posts